Nothing beats a good holiday, whether you are relaxing somewhere exotic with beautiful beaches of white sand, turquoise water and palm trees, or snuggled up in a cabin in the snowy mountains. The only thing that could possibly make your holiday better would be adding a marriage proposal into the mix.
There is something about being on holidays that just makes everything seem better and more romantic, and the same applies to a proposal. When on holidays, you generally get to spend time alone with your loved one in beautiful and romantic settings that can provide a multitude of options for a proposal.
Not only can a Holiday provide amazing scenic locations for a proposal with breathtaking views to capture the moment but it shows your loved one how thoughtful you are and how much they mean to you as it takes a lot of planning and commitment to pull it off. A destination proposal needs to be researched and planned well in advance to ensure you find the perfect location in a place you haven't been before and that it all runs smoothly. Going to these lengths to organise a romantic proposal abroad is certainly going to wow your partner and get you a whole lot of credit for being a Romance Superhero.
The downside to proposing on holidays is the difficulty in planning the proposal from another country. Obviously you can just go for a spur of the moment proposal and wing it, but this requires you having the ring on you at all times, hoping that the right moment arrives and a whole lot of stress. It also means you won't be able to capture the once in a lifetime opportunity and most likely the most romantic gesture you are ever likely to make for your nearest and dearest.
Similar to planning a wedding abroad, if you want to do it well you are going to need backup. With a wedding you would use a Wedding Planner, and for a proposal you use a Proposal Planner. Enter the Romance Engineers. We love to travel far and near to capture Romantic Proposals and can help you to create an unforgettable romantic proposal that your partner will cherish forever. We can work around your budget to make the proposal as extravagant or as low key as you desire, but one thing we guarantee is that we will capture the moment on camera so that you can relive that amazing moment in time for years to come.
Another cool thing about proposing abroad is that you can get a really exciting "Met-Engaged-Married" frame made. We received the frame below as a wedding gift and we absolutely love it.
To summarise here are some of the pros and challenges of proposing while on holidays:
- Everything is better and more romantic on holidays
- Exotic & Exciting Locations
- You can spend the rest of the holiday celebrating the proposal - make a week of it instead of just a night!
- There is time for just the two of you to enjoy the special moment
- Planning the Proposal abroad is very romantic and thoughtful, shows a lot of effort and commitment
- Amazing Photo opportunities
- Difficult to plan from another country particularly if you have never been there before
- Stress of bringing the ring through the Airport security without your partner seeing it
- Difficulties of keeping the ring hidden until the big reveal
- May have to wait to see family and friends to show them the ring etc